Batson River Brewing & Distilling Cocktail Classes in Portland, Maine
Ready to step up your at-home happy hour or dinner party hosting game? Join us every Saturday at 3pm to earn your PHD (Party Hero Degree) from our expert bartenders. Your $35 ticket earns you up-close and personal instruction (witty banter included) in the preparation and enjoyment of two cocktails plus a link to the recipes so you can pull them up on your phone whenever you need them.
Shaken or Stirred, April 2
This week’s class, Shaken or Stirred!
We’ll discuss the differences between the two methods, and why they’re essential for their respective drinks. We’ll talk about the modern interpretation of a sour (egg white assumed!) and even talk about the vegan variation with aquafaba (chickpea brine). We’ll also give you the drop on why James Bond always ordered his martini shaken.
Batson River Vesper Martini Recipe:
- 1oz Riparian Gin,
- .75oz Clock Farm vodka
- .5oz Dolin Blanc
- Large Peel & Expression of Lemon
- Combine Gin, Vodka & Dolin Blanc in a stirring glass over large ice cube.
- Stir with cocktail stir and strain into a chilled Nick & Nora glass,
- Express lemon peel and garnish
Batson River Classic Whiskey Sour:
- 2oz Langsford Road Bourbon,
- 1oz Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- .5oz Simple Syrup
- 3 Dashes bitters
- One Large Whole Egg White
- Combine Bourbon, lemon, simple syrup, and egg whites
- Dry Shake, then wet shake
- Double strain into a chilled Nick & Nora glass
- Top with a few dashes of bitters
- Swirl with a straw