Batson River Brewing & Distilling Cocktail Classes in Portland, Maine
Ready to step up your at-home happy hour or dinner party hosting game? Join us every Saturday at 3pm throughout the month of March to earn your PHD (Party Hero Degree) from our expert bartenders. Your $35 ticket earns you up-close and personal instruction (witty banter included) in the preparation and enjoyment of two cocktails plus a link to the recipes so you can pull them up on your phone whenever you need them.
Infusions, March 19
Once you master the basics of home bartending, it’s time to learn how to give your favorite liquors a flavorful twist using anything from fruit and spices to butter and sesame oil. You’ll get to taste test how a longer maceration time enhances flavor and identify which infusion method best complements your chosen spirit. You’ll then apply everything you’ve learned to make a Spicy Margarita and a Limoncello that will have your friends begging you to throw another party.
Batson River Spicy Margarita Recipe:
- 2oz Jalapeno Infused Amado 33 Agave Spirit,
- 0.75oz Combier Orange Liqueur,
- 1oz Lime Juice
Batson River Limoncello Recipe:
- Batson River Clock Farm Vodka, or another brand of high proof vodka
- 10 Lemons
- 2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- This is more a process than a recipe, but the gist of it is the peels and pith of 10 lemons per 750ml bottle of vodka (higher proof the better, and 2 cups of granulated sugar.
- Combine in a large, sealable glass jar and shake until sugar is dissolved.
- Shake every day for two weeks, strain out the peels and pith, then add 750ml of WARM water and throw it in the fridge overnight. Voila.